Marylebone is home to publisher Monocle as well as their neighbourhood venue, The Monocle Café. The publishing arm of the business sets The Monocle Café apart from London hospitality, blending magazines in a cosy setting where customers can linger on Chiltern Street.
The Café also service events for the office at Midori House, providing a diverse hospitality experience including drinks and dishes.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
£11.50 per hour + with experience
18 Chiltern Street (Google Maps)