Intelligentsia is a specialty coffee company that focuses on sourcing, roasting, and serving high-quality coffee. They work directly with farmers and cooperatives around the world to ensure sustainable and ethically produced coffee beans. Intelligentsia roasts their coffee in small batches, emphasizing the unique flavors and characteristics of each origin. They also operate coffee bars where customers can experience their meticulously brewed and crafted coffees, creating a culture of coffee appreciation and education while paying the baristas a Living Wage.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
$17.70 per hour plus tips