GAILS's is a London-based bakery and cafe chain that specialises in handmade bread, pastries, sandwiches, and coffee. The company was founded in 2005 and now has over 20 locations across the city and a handful across England. GAIL's uses high-quality ingredients and traditional techniques to produce a wide range of artisanal baked goods which surged in appeal during the pandemic.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
£11.10 - £11.80 per hour for entry-level baristas, Head Baristas from £13.50 per hour
9 Packhorse Road (Google Maps)