Blue Bottle Coffee is a specialty coffee company known for its commitment to quality, sustainability, and artisanal approach. Founded in Oakland, California, the company focuses on freshly roasted, single-origin coffees sourced directly from sustainable farms. The company was acquired by Nestle in September 2017, but has managed to retain is specialty pedigree.
Skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
$20.07 per hour
Various in FiDi