BrewDog is a Scottish craft beer company founded in 2007 by James Watt and Martin Dickie. The company has since become known for its bold and innovative beers, as well as its strong commitment to sustainability and ethical practices. BrewDog operates several breweries and bars across the UK and internationally, and has won numerous awards for its products and business practices. The company is also known for its crowdfunding initiatives, which have helped it to expand its operations and develop new products.
Skills you'll develop
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness. Demonstrating good Service Orientation is important for kitchen and front-of-house staff during surge times of service, reducing stress both for the team as a whole and for customers in sight of the operation.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Short-Term Memory: Ability to remembering recipes, customers as well as their orders.
- Cleaning Surfaces: Using certified hygiene products to clean surfaces, also ensuring that smear marks aren't shown.
- POS: Knowledge of Point-of-Sale systems and ability to handle while dealing with a customer. Delivering clear communication and upselling can be part of this. Example systems for Coffee include Snapscan, Revel and Square.
- Multitasking: The ability to perform more than one task at the same time.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Oral Expression: Communicate in a busy, fast-paced environment. A real-life flow would include being able to receive instructions from managers or customers, remember or recorded them correctly and pass to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Active Listening: Listening to someone and understanding what they want, while being careful not to interrupt them as they communicate their points.
Living Wage - £10.90 per hour
Broad Street, Nottingham (Google Maps)