Open at the frontend of the Covid-19 pandemic in June 2020, IZOLA Bakery is a small-batch artisan bakery in San Diego that specializes in croissants and sourdough bread. They are committed to using organic ingredients and sustainable practices, and are also a certified Living Wage Employer. Alongside the core baking roles that IZOLA hire for, they also recruit for enthuastic front of house staff.
Bakings skills you'll develop
- Baking Bread: Mixing flour, water, yeast, and other ingredients to create a dough, then kneading and shaping it before baking it in an oven.
- Time Management: The ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Baking Cakes: Mixing ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, and butter to create a batter, then baking it in an oven.
- Food Safety: The measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure food is fit to eat, i.e the protection of consumer health, by protecting food from anything that could cause harm.
710 13th Street, San Diego (Google Maps)