Hart's Bakery is an artisan bakery in Bristol that specialises in sourdough bread, pastries, cakes, and pies pairing these with specialty coffee and espresso setup. They use traditional methods and fresh, local ingredients to create their delicious baked goods - expect pastries, cakes, and pies. Their location in an archway at Temple Meads creates an industrious setting, enjoyed by locals as well railway passengers privy to a city secret.
Barista skills you'll develop
- Latte Art: Latte Art is a method of preparing coffee created by pouring micro-foam onto a shot of espresso, then making a pattern on the surface.
- Cupping: Evaluating the cleanness, sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel and aftertaste of a coffee to determine its overall quality.
- Tamping: Compressing coffee grinds evenly into the portafilter to ensure that the pressurised water passes through the coffee bed evenly.
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied. Also receiving feedback in a visible way to make the customer feel heard.
- Service Orientation: Knowing how to allocate your time to maximize total customer happiness.
Bakings skills you'll develop
- Baking Bread: Mixing flour, water, yeast, and other ingredients to create a dough, then kneading and shaping it before baking it in an oven.
- Time Management: The ability to prioritize an assortment of tasks based on available time to maximize completion.
- Teamwork: Work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meeting personal responsibilities within your role.
- Baking Cakes: Mixing ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, and butter to create a batter, then baking it in an oven.
- Food Safety: The measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure food is fit to eat, i.e the protection of consumer health, by protecting food from anything that could cause harm.
From £11.50 per hour
Bristol Temple Meads (Google Maps)