GAILS's is a London-based bakery and cafe chain that specialises in handmade bread, pastries, sandwiches, and coffee. The company was founded in 2005 and now has over 20 locations across the city. GAIL's uses high-quality ingredients and traditional techniques to produce a wide range of artisanal baked goods which surged in appeal during the pandemic.
They're hiring an Assistant Manager to join their team in Blackfriars, London.
Skills you'll need
- Frontline Leadership: Guide and motivate a group of frontline workers towards a common goal. It involves setting a clear vision, communicating effectively, delegating tasks, and providing support and feedback to team members. Effective team leadership also requires the ability to manage conflict, build relationships, and foster a positive team culture.
- Communication: Conveying ideas and plans clearly with floor staff as well as leadership.
- Operational Management: Manager the day-to-day activities of an team to ensure that products or services are delivered efficiently, effectively, and in accordance with established standards. It requires skills in personnel and resource management, process improvement, inventory management, and quality control, among others.
- Product Ordering: Match in-store inventory with expected sales to make orders on a timely basis, being careful with the shelf life of perishable goods and available storage.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
- Accountability: Being answerable to others for the outcomes or consequences of those actions. It involves a sense of ownership and a willingness to be transparent and honest about performance, and to accept consequences when expectations are not met.
£29,000 - £33,000/yr with 10% performance-based bonus
Blackfriars (Google Maps)
Connect on LinkedIn to update and optimise your profile