One for America's heritage brands is hiring trackmen in Jackson and Niles, Michigan. With Amtrak, you will construct, maintain, repair, inspect and dismantle track in a physical and financially rewarding role.
Track Workers repair track defects, install rail ties, load and unload material, clear brush and debris from the right-of-way. They also manually handle material at work sites such as ties, switch timbers, switch materials, tie plates and rail anchors. Individuals carry and use tools such as spike mauls, claw bars, lining bars, track jacks, air and gasoline tamping guns, air spiking guns (jackhammers) & other tools normally associated with track work and other right of way maintenance.
Skills you'll develop
- Teamwork: Being able to work within a group to achieve the maximum outcome for all, while meet your personal responsibilities within your role.
- Ventilation: Use ventilation trucks to clear fumes from tunnels in accordance with FRA/Amtrak safety respiratory program.
- System Safety Program: Being alert to physical hazards which affect operations that would conflict with a safe operating environment.
- Vehicle Operation: Drive a range of vehicles in railway and yard settings.
- Advanced Strength: Safely lift 75lbs
- Movement & Mobility: Able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.
- $26.71 per hour
Need help building a resume? Email email@example.com