Aldi is one of Germany’s successful supermarkets which has proved competitive in the UK. They have a good reputation for treating their employees well. The chain was founded by brothers Karl and Theo Albrecht in 1946, and continues to be competitive in the States as well as UK.
Skills you'll develop
- Customer Service: Delivering a friendly a professional service to ensure customers are acknowledged, informed and satisfied.
- Merchandising: Stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor.
- Mitigating Hazards: Identifying trip hazards, low-lying ropes and slippery surfaced and responding to ensure that people can move safely around them.
- Inventory Management: An ongoing process to ensure the accuracy (count) of stock immediately available on site, and what other inventory is in delivery or at earlier points in the supply chain.
- Waste Management: Identifying waste items and disposing of waste from bins, being careful to match objects with their correct waste stream for recycling or landfill.
- Health & Safety: Considers the physical environment of the workplace to analyse and eliminate risks to staff and customers. To be distinguished from Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
- Intermediate Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 50lbs / 23kg using safe, correct technique.
- Movement & Mobility: Ability to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, stand, bend, reach, lift, climb and balance.