Advantage Health Centers are an anchor employer in Detroit, currently growing their team across a range of frontline medical jobs. They're hiring both certified and non-certified Medical Assistants with CPR experience. Medical Assistants support the patient, medical providers, clinical support staff and other members of the clinic to facilitate efficient clinic operations.
Skills you'll develop
- Basic Medication Examination: Apply dressings, vision/hearing tests and take vital signs.
- Phlebotomy: Use a needle to take blood from a vein.
- Digital Literacy: Knowing how to use digital devices and remembering how to navigate between applications to find information and communicate with the team.
- Near Vision: Ability to identify and inspect objects in detail at a close range. Includes reading documents, inspecting data on a computer screen, and registration forms that may include handwriting.
- General Strength: Ability to manually lift and move up to 32lbs / 15kg.
- Manual Dexterity: Precisely handle and manipulate small objects in close proximity.
- Oral Expression: Being able to communicate clearly in a busy, fast-paced environment. Ensuring orders from customers are recorded correctly and options eloquently provided to guests, then choices passed to colleagues in an efficient way.
- Record Keeping: Understand the steps and timing for keeping accurate, organised records to log processes and share progress updates with other team members.
- Medical Administration: Keeping a precise schedule for the timing, quantity and type of medication to give to a patient, with vital attention to detail and record keeping to ensure team-wide transparency.
- Taking Telephone Calls: Communicating with patients, suppliers and colleagues over the phone, ensuring a clear, courteous manner.
- Numeracy: Ability to make accurate, mental calculations using numbers in a time-pressured environment. Includes multiplication, addition, division and subtraction.
$18 to $21 per hour, depending on experience
AHC have five locations in Detroit - view them here
Need to help with your CV? Email firstname.lastname@example.org